The conference kicks-off Monday with class-room style sessions where attendees will examine the strategies behind cloud standards and security. The second day features presentations from leading government cloud implementors, prepared to share their real world experiences and learnings. Speakers include:
- Patrick Dowd, Chief Architect, NSA - "Requirements for Collaboration in the Cloud"
- Peter Tseronis, Deputy Associate CIO, US Dept. of Energy - "The Federal Cloud Computing Initiative and the Progress-to-Date"
- Dr. Stephen M. Jarrett, CTO ISR/IO/IA & Cyber Security, US Navy SPAWAR - "Securing Cloud-Based Applications"
- June Hartley, CIO Department of Interior - "Application Hosting and Cloud Computing"
- Henry Sienkiewicz, Technical Program Director, DISA - "Cloud Computing with RACE"
Day three is also fully loaded featuring:
- Maj Gen Stephen Gross, USAFR, Mobilization Asst to the Chief of Warfighting Integration and CIO - "The USAF's Position and Initiatives in Cloud Computing"
- William C. Barker, Chief Cybersecurity Advisor, NIST - "Applying Various Virtualization Techniques within the Cloud"
- Peter Mell, Cloud Computing Project Lead & Senior Computer Scientist, NIST / James Tsujimoto, Office of Government Wide Policy, GSA - "Cloud Computing: Secure and Effective Use"
- Dr. Mary Ann Malloy, Warfighter Architecting, The MITRE Corporation - "Tactical Cloud Computing"
I will also be giving a presentation, "Supporting DoD Operations with Cloud Computing", on the third day.
The regular price for attending this three day event is $999. Discounts are available for members of the Military, Government and Academia. I have also arranged for an additional $150 discount for "Cloud Musings" readers that sign-up for all three days. To get this special discount download the booking form and fax to (416) 597-4721 or simply call Mark Osborne at (416) 597-4721.
( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - KLJ )