In December of 2005, Prof. Paul A. Strassmann of George Mason University, provided an excellent outline for cloud computing success in a netcentric environment:
Network-Centric Requirements (2010)
• Downtime (<> 1 Gigabyte/sec);
• Access (<> 8 sigma).
Network-Centric Principles (Google)
1. Build & operate protected information
2. Offer universal connectivity for:
– Collection, processing and storing of
– Provide secured communications.
3. Maintain shared data models;
4. Require continued upgrading & innovation.
Network Centric Architecture
Strategy: Occupy Internet
Labor and capital in network
Infrastructure is universal
Network controls in network
Pay for Use
Data assembled in context
These still ring true today.