Wednesday, October 20, 2010
GSA Awards Eleven US Federal IaaS Contracts
According to Federal News Radio, GSA awarded eleven vendor spots in the first Federal cloud infrastructure-as-a-service award. The winners were:
* Apptis Inc. partnered with Amazon Web Services
* Autonomic Resources partnered with Carpathia, Enomaly and Dell
* CGI Federal
* Computer Literacy World partnered with Electrosoft, XO Communications and Secure Networks
* Computer Technology Consultants partnered with Softlayer, Inc.
* Eyak Tech LLC
* General Dynamics Information Technology partnered with Carpathia
* Insight Public Sector partnered with Microsoft
* Savvis Federal Systems
* Verizon Federal Inc.
Under the BPA, each of the vendors will have to go through the certification and accreditation (C&A) process at the moderate level under the Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA). GSA will run the C&A process through the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP)
After they complete FedRAMP certification, all of these offerings will be available on the Apps.gov website.
( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - KLJ )
at 9:16 AM