This summit will emphasis standardizations .needed in technology, best practices, organizations, and policies for interoperability, portability, and trust of Clouds across national and regional boundaries. A key topic will be Priority Action Plans for international security, portability and interoperability standards as called for in NIST's Cloud Technology Roadmap
Highlights will include:
- NIST Keynote - NIST US Government Technology Roadmap Progress and Next Steps Dawn Leaf, Senior Executive for Cloud Computing,
- GSA Keynote - David McClure Associate Administrator of the Office of Citizen Services and Communications will present an update on GSA Cloud activities
- EC plan for the year 2012 in the area of Cloud Computing , Jean-François Junger, European Commission, Head of Sector, DG Information Society and Media will present "EC plan for the year 2012 in the area of Cloud Computing", as announced by Vice President, Neelie Kroes in Davos.
- Europe (VISION Cloud Project) Massimo Villari - Prof. At University of Messina, Italy "Storage Cloud Challenges: VISION Cloud EU Project"
- India - Renu Budhiraja (+ M.R. Rajagopalan), Sr. Director, and Head of Division, State Data Center, e-Governance Group,Department of IT, GOI. + Director C-DAC, The Chennai Unit of the Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC))
- UK - Andy Tait - Former Deputy Director for the G-Cloud, UK Cabinet Office
- Korea - Jeongwon Yoon - Executive Director National Information Society Agency
- Standards Tracking Groups Perspective - TechAmerica State and Local Government Cloud Commission Daniel Kent, Co-Chair of Commission and Cisco CTO for US Federal Solutions "Best Practices and Policies Recommendations"
- Asia Cloud Computing Association - Mark Ross, Co-Founder and Executive Director "Cloud Computing in Asia"
- Cloud Best Practices Network - Neil McEvoy, Founder "Hybrid SaaS - Platform for Software as a Service in the public sector"
- Network Centric Operations Industry Consortium (NCOIC), Kevin Jackson Chairman, NCOIC Cloud Computing Working Group "Using Cloud for Geospatial Interoperability"
- Cloud SDO Status and Plans Related to Public Sector Requirements OASIS - Jamie Clark (+ Paul Lipton) General Counsel (+ TOSCA Lead)
- Amazon, Mark Ryland, Chief Solutions Architect, Global Public Sector, AWS "Cloud Computing Requirements in the Public Sector"
- Google, David Mihalchik, Strategy & Business Development Lead, Google Federal Enterprise
- Matthew Goodrich (GSA) and Allison Stanton (DOJ) "Creating Effective Cloud Computing Contracts for the Federal Government"
Full agenda and registration is available at http://cloud-council.org/March2012/agenda.htm .
SEE YOU THERE !!!
( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - KLJ )