Jackson’s presentation will center on the issues surrounding the security of cloud computing in the highly secure IT environments of the intelligence community. He will dispel myths about the lack of security in the cloud, and discuss how the adoption of the Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program by the federal government will ensure a standardized approach to security assessment, authorization and continuous monitoring for cloud products and services. Jackson will also outline the implications of FedRAMP for IC agencies and federal systems integrators that serve them.
Title: “Cloud Computing and Security”
Presenter: Kevin L. Jackson, VP and GM, cloud services, NJVC
Date: March 21
Time: 9 – 10:30 a.m.
Location: Georgia Tech Research Institute, Conference Center, 250 14th St., NW, Atlanta, GA
Presenentations will include:
- User Education as a Network Defense Element - Cheryl Conley- Cyber Security Education and Awareness Senior Manager, Lockheed Martin
- Open Source Intel Collection and Social Network Threats - Daniel Clemens- CEO, PacketNinjas LLC
- Targeted Cyber-Espionage Operations Against Western Economic and National Security Resources- Dmitri Alperovitch - President, Asymmetric Cyber Operations LLC
- APT and Robust Network Defense - Chris Bream- Manager, Mandiant
- Cloud Computing and Security - Kevin Jackson- Vice President & General Manager for Cloud Services, NJVC LLC
- Active Defense - Dr Ronald Ross- Fellow, National Institute for Science and Technology (NIST)
- Counterfeit Parts - Art Ogg- Art Ogg Quality Consulting
- Organized Criminal Hacking - Scott Warren- Special Agent, FBI Atlanta Cyber
- Network Defense and Intrusion Response - Dr. Ron Ross, NIST , Paul Huesken, Director of Global Information Assurance, The Coca Cola Company , Randy Coleburn, CISO, SRC , Carl Holton, Information System Security Manager, Lockheed Martin , SSA David West, FBI AT Cyber Supervisor
With a focus on information technology automation, NJVC specializes in supporting highly secure, complex IT enterprises in mission-critical environments, particularly for the intelligence and defense communities. We offer a wide breadth of IT and strategic solutions to our customers, ranging from strategic consulting to managed flexible services in five business areas: Cloud Services, Cyber Security, Data Center Services, IT Services and Print Solutions. Our global workforce includes dedicated and talented employees with 94 percent holding security clearances located at more than 170 customer sites. We partner with our customers to support their missions. To learn more, visit www.njvc.com.
( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - KLJ )