I am honored to announce that I will be a speaker at the Bahrain International eGovernment Forum, April 8-10, 2013, being held at the Ritz-Carlton Bahrain Hotel and Spa, in Manama, Bahrain.
Under the Patronage of His Highness Shaikh Mohammed bin Mubarak Al Khalifa, Deputy Prime Minister and Chairman of the Supreme Committee for Information and Communication Technology (SCICT), the highly-anticipated Bahrain International eGovernment Forum has cemented its place as one of the region's leading ICT events, growing steadily and expanding its reach year-by-year. It aims to share and exchange productive technological concepts, exhibit and highlight innovations as well as provide a platform for the latest technological practices and trends through featuring numerous up-to-date topics and workshops that embrace Innovation and Open Data, Mobile Trends, Cloud Computing and Shared Services, Social Networks, and eGovernment.
Planned workshops include:
- ICT and Entrepreneurship - Aims to deliver useful insights to attendees on essential tools to create entrepreneurial businesses and induce entrepreneurial values to existing business enterprises. The workshop will also address the importance of ICT orientation and development in businesses through selective case studies and bring up critical factors affecting the growth of business enterprises in general. An important element of the workshop is to focus on the topic of innovation and entrepreneurship vis-a-vis business development.
- Mobility - Aims to discuss the emerging opportunities for mobile platforms, as this arena requires a mind shift for organizations as well as developers of traditional desktop and web-based. The hands-on workshop attendees will have the opportunity to interact with world-class experts in this field as they are going to cover how to use technology to develop mobile devices, provide ideas to attendees, showcase success stories as well as present essential toolkits and tips on how to enhance mobile apps for organizations.
- eGovernance - eGovernance workshop will highlight various aspects such as cutting edge techniques, benefits of using technologies and electronic methods to serve stakeholders, how to govern the organization more effectively through focusing on the benefits of electronic governance for organizations, benefits of eGovernance for service users, as well as increasing interaction and communication. The workshop aims is to prove the importance of using new improved technologies to better sustain organizations.
- IT Talent Management - Aims to cooperate with highly talented information and technology skilled individuals by attracting, preserving and gaining their achievements to improve business.
- Risk Reality - Whether it is information security or our daily actions, we often perceive certain actions as being risky. Most people perceive flying in an airplane to be very risky, yet have no problem sitting behind the wheel of an automobile which has a higher incident of death and injury. What drives those perceptions and how can we make people better understand and judge risk?
- The Social Media Strategic Planning Process - Strategic Planning in social media is understanding broad strategies and visions for the organization, then drilling down to specific tactics and tools. It is where the foundation is set for implementing social media into any small or large company. This workshop will assist in determining how social media can best be leveraged to advance the greater goals of the organization and align a social media strategic plan with overall strategic objectives.
Bahrain has grown substantially in the past 10 years. During the beginnings of the millennium, Bahrain realized that its oil reserves are diminishing, and are no longer a dependable source for the countries' income. Therefore, finding a new source for Bahrain to keep growing was ultimately necessary. Since then, Bahrain channeled its efforts into diversifying its economy through being open to new businesses, and starting up new promising developments and projects.
SEE YOU THERE !!!
( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - © Copyright Kevin L. Jackson 2012)
--> --> -->