I am proud and honored to announce that I have been added as a speaker at SouthAsia’s biggest tech event “Digital World 2015” , 9th - 12th February, 2015 at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center Dhaka, Bangladesh.
The event will also be attended by the Honorable Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina along with local and International Ministers. Digital World 2015 will:500,000 attendees are expected to enjoy the five specific zones:
- BASIS Softexpo - Although over the last couple of years BASIS SOFTEXPO has drawn significant attention than any other ICT events, it is still important to remind the audience about the purpose of BASIS SOFTEXPO.
- E-governence Expo - The use of ICT in government services has seen mentionable progress in last few years, which was highlighted in this event. The different ministries exhibited E-Services provided by the government. They highlighted the development of different Government Sectors towards the goal to achieve a "Digital Bangladesh".
- Mobile Innovation Expo - As smart phones gained tremendous popularity among people, Bangladesh is getting attention from global smartphone industry as an emerging innovator of smartphone related software. App development is a brilliant example that has brought many successes for Bangladesh in recent years. This was one of the key attractions of this year's event.
- BPO Expo - Through rapid move toward digitization and Bangladesh is the new destination for outsourced jobs. Economic labor is a plus for Bangladesh to get outsourced jobs. How this opportunity can be nurtured effectively to get the optimum benefit was agenda in this year's event.
- e-Commerce Expo - As E-Governance facilitates ecommerce, our country has seen tremendous growth of ecommerce sites in last couple of years. This was another area of attention of this year's event.
ICT is the backbone of any digital initiative as it covers the vast area of information technology, communication technology and the telecommunication technology. ICT is also a combination of physical backbone and intellect. Computer systems, network machineries, software, wire and wireless connectivity systems, broadcast hardware and many other hardware and accessories are the physical backbone. The trained human behind the backbone are the intellect. Digital Bangladesh is an Idea that includes the IT use for management, administration and governance to ensure transparency, accountability and answerability at all levels of society and state. To materialize the idea of digital Bangladesh, development of countrywide backbone and expected number of human recourses are the basic needs.
Despite having 50 years of history the government has only from 1997 started the process of developing a national ICT strategy. In 2002 Bangladesh identified ICT as a "thrust sector” as it represents potential for quick wins in reforms, job creation, industry growth, improving governance and facilitating inclusion, and it has high spillover effects to other sectors. Today, in Bangladesh, the overall IT sector (excluding telecoms) is small, valued at $300 million, with IT/ITES claiming 39% ($117 million) of that value. The overall IT/ITES industry has enjoyed a high growth rate of 40% over the last five (5) years and this trend is expected to continue.
Media coverage at this event will include:
- More than 22+ TV channel;
- More than 100+ print and online media; and
- Over 200,000+ Social media fans.
( This content is being syndicated through multiple channels. The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of GovCloud Network, GovCloud Network Partners or any other corporation or organization.)
get free updates by email or RSS - © Copyright Kevin L. Jackson 2012)