As the world's largest professional association for the advancement of technology, IEEE has always been a part of my professional career. Their mission, Advancing Technology for Humanity, also aligns with my own personal aspirations and goal of helping global governments better realize the promise of cloud computing.
IEEE Cloud Computing is committed to the timely publication of peer-reviewed articles that provide innovative research ideas, applications results, and case studies in all areas of cloud computing.
Topics relating to novel theory, algorithms, performance analyses and applications of techniques are covered.
- Cloud architectures (delivery models and deployments),
- Cloud management (balancing automation and robustness with monitoring and maintenance),
- Cloud security and privacy (issues stemming from technology, process and governance, international law, and legal frameworks),
- Cloud services (cloud services drive and are driven by consumer demand; as markets change, so do the types of services being offered),
- Cloud experiences and adoption (deployment scenarios and consumer expectations),
- Cloud and adjacent technology trends (exploring trends in the market and impacts on and influences of cloud computing),
- Cloud economics (direct and indirect costs of cloud computing on the consumer; sustainable models for providers),
- Cloud standardization and compliance (facilitating the standardization of cloud tech and test suites for compliance), and
- Cloud governance (transparency of processes, legal frameworks, and consumer monitoring and reporting).
- Identifying and selecting topics of interest for publication:
- Identifying and selecting contributor to author articles on topics of interest; and
- Reviewing and recommending submitted articles for publication.
Ms. Marilyn Moux, a seasoned professional with experience in software/system development life cycle in a variety of industries including Information Technology, Health Care, Federal/State/Local Governments, Financial, Mortgage Banking, Telecommunications, and Aerospace.
Mr. Bob Gourley, publisher of CTOvision.com and ThreatBrief.com and a co-founder and partner of Cognitio.
Dr. Michaela Iorga the senior security technical lead for cloud computing at the National Institute of Standards and Technology‘s computer security division. She also serves as co-chair of the agency’s Cloud Computing Forensic Science Working Group and Cloud Computing Security Working Group.
Dr. F. Brett Berlin, a member The George Mason University Volgenau School Faculty (Adjunct Professor, Grand Challenges of Cyberspace and Data Analytics) and of the George Washington University (School of Engineering and Applied Sciences);
Mr. Melvin Greer, a Senior Fellow and Chief Strategist at Lockheed Martin and a recognized expert in Service Oriented Architecture, Cloud Computing and Predictive Analytics.
Please reach out to me or any board members directly if you have any specific topics you would like addressed or if you would like to contribute an article to the magazine. I also invite you to support IEEE Cloud Computing by subscribing to the magazine. Going forward I will feature the most recent edition at the top of the side panel on this blog. The landing page will provide access to the table of contents with instructions on how to subscribe. Periodically we will also provide free access to selected articles via social media. I look forward to serving you from this exciting perspective and can't wait to hear your recommendations and suggestions.
( This content is being syndicated through multiple channels. The opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not represent the views of GovCloud Network, GovCloud Network Partners or any other corporation or organization.)
get free updates by email or RSS - © Copyright Kevin L. Jackson 2015)