Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Review: Executive's Guide to Cloud Computing by Eric Marks and Bob Lozano

Recently, I had the privilege of reviewing an advance copy of Executive's Guide to Cloud Computing by Eric Marks and Bob Lozano. Available now for pre-order on Amazon, this guide is a crystal ball into the future of business. Not a technical treatise, this excellent book is an insightful description of how cloud computing can quickly sharpen the focus of information technology and line executives onto the delivery of real value. Using clear prose, Eric and Bob explain how cloud computing elevates IT from it's traditional support role into a new and prominent business position.

In Chapter 4: Strategic Implications of Cloud Computing, the reader will learn why the cloud will soon become a mainstream component of every chief information officer's toolkit. By skilfully blending business environment context and business model evolution, the authors build a strong case for the inevitability of cloud computing. For me, the key takeaway was Chapter 5: Cloud Computing Adoption Lifecycle, within which an effective and efficient methodology for adopting cloud computing was presented.

I commend Eric and Bob for producing what will soon become a leading industry reference. If you're serious about leveraging cloud computing for the business value it provides, I urge you to place your advance order today.

Bookmark and Share


Cloud Musings

( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - KLJ )







6 comments:

green me said...

I enjoyed your post and very informative. come on my blog I hope you Find information effectively. thanks

Chubskulit Rose said...

Very interesting. Followed your blog so I can read some more..

Unknown said...

Nice blog.Thanks for sharing information on cloud computing. I got a complete information about the Cloud computing and its services from the Cloud Computing and Virtual Conference 2009 which is the World's largest and virtual conference on Cloud computing. I got a good opportunity to meet and talk with the World's leading experts on Cloud computing. I found the complete information about the conference by http://cloudslam09.com

guides costarica said...

this site is excellent and the guides are excellent throughout the network sought and none had information that this site has enabled me congratulate very good information is very varied and interesting is great.

Penny said...

nice post!

Unknown said...

Science and technology never stops to transform into higher ends imaginable. The invention of this cloud computing system clearly shows that human imagination goes beyond expectations and I realized its worth during my stay in Houston. Computer support services made my pile of workloads decrease in a snap. As a freshman in the IT world, I find it thrilling to be in and actually touch and have my presence in those things that was just shown in our classrooms. Houston computer tech supports large companies and small businesses to run smoothly and to run with transparency within the business and to its clients and potential clients.