- 56% of internet users use webmail services such as Hotmail, Gmail, or Yahoo! Mail.
- 34% store personal photos online.
- 29% use online applications such as Google Documents or Adobe Photoshop Express.
- 7% store personal videos online.
- 5% pay to store computer files online.
- 5% back up hard drive to an online site.
- 51% of internet users who have done a cloud computing activity say a major reason they do this is that it is easy and convenient.
- 41% of cloud users say a major reason they use these applications is that they like being able to access their data from whatever computer they are using.
- 39% cite the ease of sharing information as a major reason they use applications in cyberspace or store data there.
Even in light of your personal concerns.
- 90% of cloud application users say they would be very concerned if the company at which their data were stored sold it to another party.
- 80% say they would be very concerned if companies used their photos or other data in marketing campaigns.
- 68% of users of at least one of the six cloud applications say they would be very concerned if companies who provided these services analyzed their information and then displayed ads to them based on their actions.
From the Pew Internet and American Life project report "Use of Cloud Applications and Services".