Dataline, Booz|Allen|Hamilton and the Government Cloud Computing Community have teamed together to sponsor the 2nd Government Cloud Computing Survey. Cloud Computing has come a long way since the first survey six months ago, so we are once again asking for your thoughts on this exciting new approach to technology. The rare examples of just a few months ago have turned into a large number of exciting cloud-based deployments including:
- GovDelivery for mass email and wireless notices to the public (50+ governmental organizations across 25 states and 13 federal departments)
- DC Government use of Google Apps for their 38,000+ employees for email, document collaboration, intranet, and calendars.
- Census and Human Genome project data stored in the Amazon cloud
- Acquisition solutions at 65 separate government agencies
- Financial tracking at the State Department using Salesforce.com