"The Creative Commons Attribution Share Alike 3.0 license, under which the GoGrid cloudcenter API now falls, allows for the ability to:
- Share, distribute, display and perform the work
- Make derivative works
The GoGrid cloudcenter API re-use must, however, fall under the following Share Alike licensing conditions:
- There must be full attribution to GoGrid, author and licensor
- There is no implied endorsement by GoGrid of any works derived from the API usage or rework
- After any transformation, alteration or building upon this work, any distribution must be under the same, a similar or a compatible license
- You must make it clear to others about the terms of this license. The best way to do this is by linking to the GoGrid Wiki API page (link below)
- Any of the conditions mentioned previously can be waived with permission from GoGrid
Details on the GoGrid cloudcenter OpenSpec API license can be found within the GoGrid site and is specific to the API only"
As I discussed in my earlier post on cloud interoperability, this move falls under industry option 1 - Release all details of a selected “Proven Technology” to industry and adopt as a basis for an open standard.
A big Thank You goes out to Go Grid. It's exciting to see our industry maturing in a collaborative way.