I'm proud to announce that representatives from Lockheed Martin, SAIC, and Unisys will join me in a Tactical Cloud Computing "Power Panel" at SYS-CON's 1st Annual Government IT Conference & Expo in Washington DC on October 6, 2009.
As Technical Chair of this conference, my goal has been to provide useful and actionable information to the conference attendees. While the industry has engaged in a rigorous discussion around "enterprise" cloud computing, information on tactical or deployable cloud computing possibilities has been scarce. To address this, I've asked Dataline partners to join me and share their views on this issue.
Tactical Cloud Computing refers to the use of cloud computing technology and techniques for the support of localized and short-lived information access and processing requirements. Use cases could include:
- “Cloudbursting” to support cyclic data processing requirements
- Establishing a cloud-based collaboration environment in order to coordinate firefighting resources during a wildfire
- Virtually binding shipboard IT infrastructures in order to create a battlegroup infrastructure-as-a-service platform
- Virtually binding land vehicle based servers and storage resources into a battlefield data center
- Dynamic provisioning of virtual cloud-based servers in order to automate exploitation and dissemination of unmanned air vehicle (UAV) streaming video feeds
- This discussion panel will explore how defense, homeland security and law enforcement organizations are looking to leverage this new and exciting IT capability.
Please register and join us for this unique opportunity. First 50 registrants are eligible for a VIP pass !!
( Thank you. If you enjoyed this article, get free updates by email or RSS - KLJ )