|Figure 1- Shawn Bolan, Technical Training Manager, |
New Horizons of Nebraska,
transformative for businesses, allowing them flexibility to scale offerings, save on hosting solutions, and ultimately offer better solutions to their customers. The article goes on to cite:
- A 2016 Dimensional Research survey of more than 650 IT decision-makers that indicated that 77 percent of businesses are planning to implement multi-cloud architectures in the near future; and
- A 2015 IDC study that found that 86% of enterprises predicted they will need a multi-cloud approach to support their solutions within the next two years.
The actual benefits of hybrid cloud include:
- Improve disaster recovery and geo-presence
- Ability to use unique cloud-specific services from different providers as they are needed
- Ability to leverage the public cloud benefits of low-cost and unlimited scalability in order to move agile applications to the cloud
- Use of a private cloud for red-tape bound applications or more traditional infrastructure
This may be why Shawn Bolan, Training Manager for the world’s largest independent training vendor New Horizons , decided to prepare for the new hybrid cloud world by becoming a NCTA CloudMASTERS® instructor. With over 300 locations across 70+ countries, New Horizons always wants to help keep their clients ahead of the curve and the NCTA CloudMASTER Certification is certainly posed to do just that.
Although Shawn already possesses numerous vendor certifications from companies like VMware, Cisco and CompTIA, this “non-vendor specific” preparation, will enable him and his team to deliver the high-level training needed to implement quick hybrid cloud adoption at the demanding pace of IT. According to Shawn, “Training doesn’t stop once you’ve entered the cloud. It actually enhances your
professional value.” The three CloudMASTERS® certification modules include hands-on labs that provide much needed practical experience. Relaying comments from earlier classes, graduating students gain a strong sense of personal accomplishment and professional goal achievement ( See "From PC Break/Fix to CloudMASTER®")
Shawn Bolan is Training Manager for New Horizons Omaha, a New Horizons franchise organization that provides virtual training through the cloud. This online training connects students in a classroom with live instructors. After completing the course students have access to the labs for an additional 6 months. New Horizons Omaha is located in 8 cities.
The National Cloud Technologists Association (NCTA) was created in 2012 with the intent to provide vendor-agnostic cloud technology training for IT professionals within all levels of an organization. In comparison with other cloud computing certifications, the NCTA CloudMASTER® certification demonstrates real-world knowledge through practical activities and lab exercises, allowing students to learn and showcase a complete portfolio of skills on a wide range of common cloud technologies.
get free updates by email or RSS - © Copyright Kevin L. Jackson 2015)