Our world is driven by data. It may speak in whispers, but it can also scream insight and information to those that understand it’s language. This is why I’ll be attending Strata+Hadoop World, Sept 26th to 29th, in New York City.
Even though data can also speak many different languages, data scientist act as our interpreters and guides. They help us survive and thrive in this data-driven world by addressing and taming the many business challenges it presents, including:
- An appropriate interpretive language, be it The language itself algebraic notation, an adapted programming language or both;
- Separating the data signal from the data noise;
- The enablement of data access and data connectivity within the enterprise;
- Handling the complexity and variety of complex data which can include images, videos and abstract representations of both the physical and living world;
- Integration of the time variable into the data interpretation process;
- Security and protection of the data; and
- Collaboration with a strong and innovative technology partner.
Instead of starting from scratch and deploying a host of different tools, packages and services, TAP provides an extensible environment that combines many open-source components into a single, integrated platform. This integrated architecture provides the APIs, services and extensibility to support the needs of data scientists and application developers for varied analytics on virtually any data, of any size, located anywhere. It also provides management tools and services to control and monitor operations from top to bottom.
- Customer behavior analysis using wearable IT systems;
- Tracking disease progression and treatment;
- Asset management using RFID data;
- Equipment failure prediction and optimization using sensor data; and
- Privacy-preserving genomic analysis using diverse distributed data sets.
get free updates by email or RSS - © Copyright Kevin L. Jackson 2015)